Post 55 – Holding Space: Dump Mode and Healing on Your Terms
Healing isn’t linear. Sometimes, I need to share without explaining—dumping memories, emotions, and truths when I’m ready.
That’s why I created “Dump Mode.” A space where I can unload without interruption, hold my trauma as it is, and decide when to unpack it.
I ask myself and others to respect this boundary. I’ll say “Dump Mode activated” and ask to hold explanations until I say “explain.”
The Power of Holding Space
- Protecting Mental Health: Avoiding overwhelm by controlling when and how to process trauma
- Setting Boundaries: Asking for emotional safety during intense recall
- Self-Paced Healing: Allowing trauma to be released in manageable parts
- Empowerment: Reclaiming agency over your narrative and timing
Your Story, Your Terms
Healing happens when you control the pace and space. Respect your process and give yourself grace.
📞 National Domestic Violence Hotline
Call: 800-799-SAFE (7233)
Chat: www.thehotline.org
24/7 | Confidential | Free
No comments:
Post a Comment